In this article, you will learn:

  • How you can avoid a lawsuit with a family member or close friend.
  • What your rights are when slipping and falling at a rental or public property.
  • Some common complications that arise in these types of cases.

I Was Injured In A Family Member’s Home, But I Don’t Want To Sue Them. What Should I Do To Have My Cost Covered?

Most cases involving premises liability can be resolved through negotiation with the homeowners’ insurance and do not require filing a lawsuit against the homeowner. However, it is best to consult with an experienced attorney handling premises liability claims to ensure that you can obtain compensation for your injuries and medical expenses due to an injury in a family member or friend’s home.

Who Is Liable If I Was Injured After I Slipped And Fell On A Rental Property In Santa Clarita, California?

Under California law, property owners and tenants are generally held responsible for injuries from slip-and-fall incidents on rental property.

Should I Apply For Workers’ Compensation Benefits Or File A Personal Injury Claim If I Slipped And Fell At My Place Of Employment In California?

When injured during employment, incidents typically have two dimensions to them – the workers’ compensation aspect and the personal injury aspect. Consulting with an experienced personal injury attorney can help determine whether it is wise to file for workers’ compensation benefits, personal injury lawsuits, or both.

My Slip-And-Fall Injury Occurred On Public Property. Can I Still File A Claim?

Injuries that occur on public property may be compensable under California law.

Government entities may be responsible for maintaining public property. If the failure to maintain the property results in injury, you may be entitled to file a claim against the responsible government agency.

These are government tort claims, and handling them is reserved for experienced attorneys. The period for filing these types of claims is typically much shorter than other personal injury claims. Usually, a notice must be given to the responsible government entity promptly. If the claim is denied or the government does not respond, a lawsuit must be filed promptly. If this does not happen, the rights to recovery you may forfeit your right to recovery.

With the guidance of a skilled attorney for Premises Liability Cases, you can have the peace of mind that comes with knowing that we’ll make it look easy. For more information on Premises Liability Claims in California, an initial consultation is your next best step. Get the information and legal answers you are seeking by calling (661) 255-2233 today.

Lustgarten Law

Call Us To Schedule A Consultation
(661) 255-2233

Accessibility Accessibility
× Accessibility Menu CTRL+U